Friday, June 19, 2009

Intro to the most important topic of the day......ME!!

As I sit here and drink a Bud Light Lime (a solid drink if kept at a fairly frosty temp.) I think about how to introduce myself to the great reading public then I realize that not many will really our first post so I decided to skip the intro for the most part and make it very brief. Old school a/s/l. Age: 22, Sex: male, and Location: Kansas City area. Now that you know me we can dive right in. The reason for this blog is that my colleague and I have noticed that things in America are a little bit too extreme. We will be looking at situations (mostly political from my end of things) and looking at the problems that America is facing because of partisan views. While I am on the more liberal side my co-author is on the more conservative side, we both agree on one ideological plane that the the world of politics needs to pull to the middle and relearn how to compromise. At some point in our history the word compromise became a bad word in politics. While I understand that some views are immovable objects and some attitudes are unstoppable forces and compromise is just not there as an option. But this world of extreme views and partisan politics is just not in the best interest of the country and its people. Now a blurb from my other blog to expand on this and to share a bit more about my views....

Outside of specific issues there is one reason that I am a moderate. Because moderation in politics is what amounts to real change. And I do not mean the twang of a rod as it snaps to the left after being held to the right for 8 years. That is not real change. I am not against Obama by any means but the change we need is not necessarily change that is just change that goes against all that the Republicans have done in the past 8 years. Granted there are definitely policies and actions that need to be changed. Things like universal health care are things that divide the country but we do not see the middle ground. Is universal health care likely in America, probably not, in the next 4 years, no way. Can most of us agree that health care needs heavy reform quickly so that they right people are taken care the right way, I would imagine many would agree yes. Is any of this going to get resolved through the left and right yelling. No. Both sides need to slide towards the middle, it does not have to be drastic but a shift that will help to get things through. This is not one of those read between the lines for Republicans to stop delaying Democrat policies, and this is not to tell the Democrats to push as hard as they can with their control. This is a statement hoping that both sides can turn off partisan politics and a call to people not to change their views but to look at those views and see if having an extreme outlook is really the most practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment