Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hello America...

Recently President Obama has taken to the air waves to help campaign for his health plan. There are mixed feelings about this (a little background here). ABC has dedicated itself to show pretty much everything that Obama is doing today but has said that they will have fair and "tough" questions for Obama during his town hall meeting tonight. People are weary of this because it kind of seems that the media is willing to help Obama to push his agenda but I don't feel that way. I would say that it does seem that it is a little much to be on t.v. so often but I don't think that it is inherently bad. In the time that we are living in I think it is great for a President to go on television and speak to the American people. I think that people are sceptical of the situtiaon for a few reasons. In the world of ratings we question the "fairness" of t.v. networks when the show anything about politics (although there is only one news network that I have heard to claim to be "fair and balanced"). Therefore if one channel shows too much coverage from either side then one side yells foul and says they are bias. We also wonder about the questions in general assuming that since they are on a "bias" channel then the questions must also be "bias." I don't think that ABC is crossing the line by showing Obama this evening. Maybe they are over doing the coverage a bit much but every channel does that with big programming. I think it is great that Obama is going on television to answer questions that people have about his policies and I hope that he continues to do things similar to it and I hope that in the future different channels do it as to keep things on an even keel. If these only appear on ABC consistently then yes I would say that it is too much but until then let's focus on the policies and politics and not the bull shit of the networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment